According to various websites, the 2008 population of Cairo ranges from 17-22 million people. As of today, I added one to the population of this very large city. I know many consider it very strange--I would want to move to this Middle Eastern Country at this time of my life and in this day-and-age; however, I don't think I have been more sure of a decision in my entire life.
In college, I met and became instant friends with an Egyptian guy who later attended the same grad school in Houston. I always enjoyed our chats and learning more about Egypt and the culture in which he was raised. I always said I wanted to come and visit his country someday; little did I know I would ever actually visit Egypt, much less live there!
Through God's divine intervention, here I am. The warm (and sometimes very hot) desert sun and sand met me as I landed at the airport today. I was met at the door by a guy from work and they had a driver to whisk me away to my hotel. The driver, who has driven me before, gave me a welcome gift--a keychain of Nefertiti. How fitting since that is the name of my car that will arrive in Egypt in a few months!
Tomorrow is my first day at work; the work week here is Sunday-Thursday. New job, new adventures, new experiences and lessons to learn about life. I can't wait to see what God has in store for this new chapter in my life...more to come! Thanks for joining me in my journey!
7 comments:
Good Luck Sharon...what an awesome adventure you are on :) Please keep posting so that I may keep up with your life. Funny how we never met and I actually only spoke with you once, but I feel a strong connection. I believe Liz would have wanted it that way. :)
Love your posts! Can't wait to hear more! You'll have an awesome adventure I'm sure! So happy for you!
Beautifully said!! I can't wait to hear more. Those of us on the other side of the pond will be praying for a wonderful first day of work for you!
Love ya!!
So glad to hear you made it over there okay. Happy first day of work tomorrow!
I love your blog! Good luck with your first day of work. I am going to Jason's church tomorrow for a little God. Will be thinking of you!
I'm so glad you made it there safely. I enjoy reading about all your adventures. You are very blessed to have all the experiences, opportunies and travels you've had in a short time in your life. I look forward to seeing your next post. Julie Treat
Walk like an Egyptian...into work!
Post a Comment